Leading Enterprise Video provider adds Qumu Analytics Engine (QAE), Qumu Messaging Service (QMS) and new Zoom App to already feature-rich technology platform
MINNEAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Qumu, the leading provider of best-in-class video technology for the enterprise, has announced the release of Qumu Video Control Center (VCC) Version 10.5, the customer-hosted deployment of Qumu’s intelligent Enterprise Video platform. This release includes a new Qumu Analytics Engine (QAE) which provides comprehensive, real-time and historical usage reporting of both live and on demand video content—via a highly scalable, redundant and ultra-fast search application.
In addition to QAE, the VCC 10.5 release offers a number of offerings and upgrades, including:
- A New Message Broker Called Qumu Messaging Service (QMS)—which intelligently queues and routes messages to analytics, dashboarding and reporting functions, allowing fast and reliable processing of analytics and monitoring messages with no data loss.
- A Zoom for VCC App—which automatically imports recordings made during Zoom meetings into the VCC content repository, and enables organizations to customize security settings, date retention policies and access permissions outside of standard Zoom policies.
- Expanded Player Layouts for Webcasts from Video Conferences—allowing video and shared content items to be configured as side-by-side, picture-in-picture, or camera video only for each individual event streamed using Qumu Unified Communications Gateway (UCG).
This new release also provides significant performance improvements, as well as a more secure, scalable and user-friendly platform for global organizations considering an enterprise video investment.
“When it comes to industries like Banking and Finance, Health Care and Government where security and scalability are critical, the on premise deployment of Qumu’s platform sets the bar very high for feature richness,” said TJ Kennedy, President and CEO of Qumu. “For enterprises that have not yet chosen our market leading cloud-based platform due to internal restrictions, the flexibility of our behind-the-firewall solution is the right choice.”
Qumu VCC 10.5 is built on Qumu’s intelligent VCC 10X platform, which the company announced in September of last year. In addition to system performance, scalability and integration enhancements, highlights of the initial VCC 10X release included:
- Self-Service Live Broadcasting – empowering users to set up and execute large-scale, live streaming events directly from any video conferencing application including Zoom, Teams and Skype for Business.
- Hybrid External Delivery – enabling on premise deployment customers to leverage Qumu’s Pathfinder in the cloud, for video delivery to external audiences.
- Intelligent Distribution – allowing organizations to simultaneously leverage multiple delivery methods to optimize video delivery for each individual user and any end-user device.
“These powerful new analytics, messaging and Zoom-focused tools continue to advance Qumu’s agenda of true, self-service enterprise video regardless of deployment type,” continued Kennedy. “And as enterprises march toward adopting video as the primary method of communication, Qumu will be there with the most scalable, secure and deployment-flexible platform in the industry.”
VCC 10.5 is available to all existing Qumu customers immediately, and can be implemented via a software upgrade. Parties interested in learning more about the full set of enhancements included with Qumu VCC 10 may access the online brochure on the Qumu website or call (612) 638-9050 to request more information.
About Qumu Corporation
Qumu (Nasdaq: QUMU) is the leading provider of best-in-class tools to create, manage, secure, distribute and measure the success of live and on-demand video for the enterprise. Backed by the most trusted and experienced team in the industry, the Qumu platform enables global organizations to drive employee engagement, increase access to video, and modernize the workplace by providing a more efficient and effective way to share knowledge.
Vice President of Marketing